This website www.hlfberry.com is owned and operated by HLF Berry LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales [ number OC407595] and whose registered office is at 758 Oldham Road Failsworth Manchester M35 9XB . A list of members is open for inspection at the registered office. Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority [number 629444] www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/code-of-conduct.page
This policy states how we collect data, how we store it, how we use it and how those who give us their details (whether that is from visiting our websites, giving us their data over the phone, face to face, or in writing) can request how that data is used by HLF Berry LLP
HLF Berry LLP is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK and we are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Act Registration number - ICO:00010570381
We will be happy to deal with any queries or requests regarding the data we hold about you. We can be contacted via Email: email@example.com or by writing to HLF Berry LLP 758 Oldham Road Failsworth Manchester M35 9XB
Legal basis and purpose for processing your personal data
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request, prior to entering into a contract;
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- It is necessary in order to protect your vital interests;
- It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
- It is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
How do we collect information?
We obtain personal information from you when you enquire about our services, become a client of HLF Berry LLP, send or receive an email, ask a question about our services or otherwise provide us with personal information. We may also receive information about you from third parties; for example, from our service providers or from a contact who wants to tell you about our websites or the assistance we may be able to provide or the activities we carry out.
Information We May Collect From You
To facilitate your interest in HLF Berry LLP, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal data only when you actively enquire about our services:
- Name, place of work, position
- Contact information including email address
- Postal address
- Your interests in relation to HLF Berry LLP services
- Your computer IP address
- The method in which you found our website
We also gather general information about the use of our website, such as which pages users visit most often, and which services, news items or facilities are of most interest. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on links in emails sent out from HLF Berry LLP. This information is collected using Google Analytics software and email software such as mailchimp. We may use this information to personalise the way our websites are presented when users visit them, to make improvements to our websites and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites. Please see information on Cookies below.
How do we use your information?
We will use the information held about you for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection (or as may be obvious in the context of collection). Your personal data will be used by us in the following ways:
- To respond to your enquiries
- To send you information you have requested
- To improve our business and the service and/or products we provide
- To facilitate any interest in a career at HLF Berry LLP
- For administration purposes. This means we may contact you regarding our services or online content you have signed up for, to let you know that a service or online site has been suspended for maintenance.
- We use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to personalise content and emails.
- For analysis and research to improve our services offered.
- To improve your search results.
- To conduct surveys with you (where you have consented to us contacting you for such purpose).
- To provide personalised communications
- We may use and disclose information in aggregate (so no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Sharing data with third parties including our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, training and website and marketing service providers.
HLF Berry LLP only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to the FP and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, HLF Berry LLP will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How do we protect personal information?
We use a secure server when you contact us via our websites. We take appropriate measures to ensure that the personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate, and up to date. We will ensure that your personal information is kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and is securely destroyed in accordance with our data retention and disposal policy.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the collection and use of this in accordance with the purposes described in this policy.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us.
We may change the terms of this privacy statement from time to time. If we do so, we will post the changes here so please check from time to time. By continuing to use our websites you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Trademarks and copyright
HLF Berry LLP owned websites www.hlfberry.com contains material which is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright and intellectual property rights including the names, images and logos are owned by HLF Berry LLP unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved.
You are responsible for complying with all applicable copyright laws. We permit you to make copies of information on HLF Berry LLP websites as necessary incidental acts during your viewing and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. All other uses are prohibited. Nothing in these terms shall be construed as conferring any right to use any trademark logo patent right or copyright of HLF Berry LLP.
In the event that you have cause for complaint please contact us and we will follow up with you to resolve this. If you have a data privacy related complaint, you also have the option to direct your complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
Data Protection Regulator
Further information and advice about data protection is available from:
The Office of the Information Commissioner
The content of this site is for general information purposes only. It does not constitute professional advice (legal or otherwise) nor should it be used as such.
Use of this site does not form a contract for services between HLF Berry LLP and yourself.
Whilst reasonable efforts are made to keep the content of this site both accurate and up to date, no warranties are expressed or implied.
We cannot accept responsibility for actions based on the material contained herein
HOW TO CONTACT US
758 Oldham Road Failsworth Manchester M35 9XB
This policy is under regular review. This policy was last amended on 16th January 2019