The law governing church matters is specialist and complex and the solicitor at HLF Berry and Diocesan Registrar for the Diocese of Manchester and Legal Secretary to the Bishop of Manchester Donna Myers, supports an array of clergy and laity in the Manchester Diocese on church legal matters assisted by solicitor Danielle Morris.
Donna and Danielle are located within the Diocesan Registry In Bury and have a wide remit in providing legal advice and guidance.
- Providing legal support for Bishops, Archdeacons and other members of the clergy, parish officers and parochial church councils on the law relating to their roles and responsibilities
- Responding to enquiries from the public and clergy on church related matters
- Issuing Common Licences on behalf of the Bishop of Manchester authorising marriage in Anglican churches and licensed premises
- Handling petitions for Faculties ( legal permissions ) authorising works to church buildings, their contents and churchyards
- Maintaining the Diocesan records
- Providing advice on land and property and charitable trusts
Experienced and with a thorough understanding of church law our Diocesan Registry team will be able to answer any queries you may have relating to ecclesiastical or charity law and take any appropriate legal action on your behalf. For more information contact Donna Myers on 0161 839 0092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .